Sunday, February 22, 2009

One Proud Mama!!

Maeci has been playing basketball for a few weeks now and she really seems to enjoy it. She is playing on the kindergarten team with all 5 & 6 year olds. She is the only 4 year old and one of only two girls on the team. Over the course of the last few weeks, she has gotten better and she is beginning to get more aggressive. Saturday morning, we were playing the game and she was bringing the ball down playing the point guard spot. In this age group, the coaches are allowed on the court to help the kids get to where they are supposed to go, so, I was standing out there and I told her to dribble into the lane and shoot the basketball. The lane was open and so she did it. She got down inside the lane and shot the ball. It hit the rim, rolled around, and fell through the net. I got this huge smile on my face and got tears in my eyes. Maeci was so excited that she started jumping up and down smiling. She was the only person on the team who had not made a basket yet. I was soooo proud of her and I just couldn't wipe the smile off my face. She made one more before the game was over but it wasn't quite as exciting as the first one. Hopefully, she continues to get better and love the sport as much as her Mama does!!!!

2 comments:

Jodi said...

somehow I'm just not surprised that she's on the advanced team! :) Way to go sister! I don't think Sydney even knows how to dribble the ball yet - but, I've not taught her either! :) Love ya!

Unknown said...

That's awesome Jaiha - way to go Maeci! Wish we would've been there to see it. I'm sure that basketball is in her blood. :)