Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Somber Day

Well, I wasn't going to blog about the election results but it's my feelings and my blog so here we go....My thoughts have been very sporadic since last evening. I will first say that I am extremely disappointed in the election this year. I feel like the best candidate did not win but it doesn't really matter since I did vote and my guy/girl didn't win. Now, my feelings about Obama are not about him as a person, just about his opinions and policies. I think some of his ideas are ridiculous and will never work but I also think that maybe with some help, a few of his ideas might be okay. My main worry is about our country and its enemies. We have a lot of people that don't like us and for us to vote in someone who really has no idea how to run our military is very scary. I am sure the Mr. Obama has a great learning curve with his education and all but I hope that he is very careful about how he handles our foreign affairs. I know that some of you reading probably voted for him and while I don't agree, that is my opinion. I will not however be disrespectful to a man who just basically became the new President of the United States. I will give him a chance (ok, I will try to) and I hope that he proves me wrong on some of the things that I say he will never be able to do. I know that all-in-all, God is in control and since I pray everyday, I really don't have anything to worry about. So, Obama has my prayers that he is able to make the right choices that will benefit the most people in our country and I truly hope that he is able to help get the market back the way it should be, because if he doesn't, we will really be in a world of hurt and the next president will be inheriting a mess a million times worse than Obama.

No comments: