Thursday, July 31, 2008

Early Risers

Last night, I was so excited to have some time to myself once the kids went to bed. Maeci was really tired and she fell asleep at 7:30 on the bed watching cartoons. Camden was in the bed at his normal time of 8:30. So by 8:30, I was trying to figure out what I was going to do. Scott is still gone to Lafayette until late this afternoon so I could watch whatever I wanted. I decided to to some laundry. I folded it all and was done at like 8:45. I sat on the floor and remembered that I had some stuff to do for a baby shower I am helping with. I got my basket out and I weaved the ribbon in and out of it. When I got finished, I tied the bow. It actually looked really good!! I got my hot glue gun and glued the edges of the ribbon down. When I got done, I have to say, I was impressed with myself. Most of you that know me, know I am not a super domestic goddess, although I would like to be. I guess I got carried away being a goddess, because I started wrapping this girl's presents with ribbon and tying up towels with it. When I got done, I was tired but super proud of my now awesome looking basket!! I looked up and it was now 1:45am!!! I finished picking up my stuff and then went to bed. At 5:45am, Camden started crying for his morning bottle. I got up and gave it to him. I quickly laid him back down and jumped back in bed. Maeci promptly came into my room and without saying anything, turned on the light, pulled back my covers, and jumped into the bed. When I asked her what she was doing, she repleid, "my tummy says it's hungry, see listen." She put her tummy to my ear and sure enough, it was growling. I asked her if she could wait like 30 minutes if I gave her some books to read. She said 'mommy do you want me to waste away to nothing?" At that moment, I wanted to say "yes" but against by better judgement, I told her "no, that I would be incredibly sad and that I would take her downstairs to get some food." I looked at the clock...6:02am. I was thinking you have got to be kidding me. So, both of my kids were up and ready to go. I will so be taking a nap with them today!! (Yeah right, I always say that but it never gets done!!)

No comments: