Friday, July 25, 2008

Off the Charts!!!

Today is one of those days that parents hate. Well care check-ups for the kids. I hate these days because even though I get to see how the kids are progressing, the get the dreaded shots. When Maeci was a baby, she almost always cried long enough for me to pick her up and then she would go to the car and sleep. Now that she is older, she gets scared and doesn't want to go so I have to practically her out of the car to go see the Doc. So, today I took her and Camden in to the Dr office and sat for about 3 hours from start to finish. Dr. said that Camden is almost off the charts on his weight, height, and yes, his head circumference. I think that the Dr. knew I was worried about his head so he said, "his head is proportional to his body, don't worry mom, its all those brains he has." Once we were done weighing and being examined, Maeci started to try to run out the door. I had to bribe her with whatever she wanted to stay and not make a huge scene. So, Maeci got 5 shots, yes, I said 5. She was such a trooper! She cried but the minute we got to the car, she started talking about all of the things she was going to get at the store. Camden got 3 shots and he wasn't as forgiving. He cried and then cried some more. I gave him his paci and his blanket and he went to sleep just like Maeci used to. I pulled into the Dollar Store parking lot and with in 5 minutes, Maeci had racked up $15.30 in bribery redemption. 2 barbies, some silly putty, and and iron. Not sure what she is going to do with that but that's what she wanted. Well, shot day is over for at least a while. Now my pocketbook and I can recover!!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Ahhh... Poor babies! I know how it feels mom! It's so hard to purposefully put them through pain but it is worth it in the end! Better a 10 minute cry then a 10 day hospital stay for some of those nasty diseases! Can you teach Maeci how to use the iron?!? JUST KIDDING!! :) Love ya!

Jodi said...

Way to go Maeci....take her for all she's got sister! :) Just kidding! I know I hated the day that Sydney got hers as well! No fun. She did pretty good. We went to the movies that evening and she got her popcorn and got to sip our Dr. Pepper....she loved it.