Thursday, July 24, 2008

Van Gogh at Work??




A couple of days ago my mom got Maeci this sidewalk paint by Crayola. It is great because it is 100% washable! Today we went outside and painted for a while on the driveway. Maeci and I were having fun drawing pictures and writing our names. Maeci asked me to draw a picture of Scott so I did. She told me everything to do and of course, I followed her instruction. When I was done with his hair, she said "now draw some flowers in his hand." I looked at her and she said "come on mommy, follow directions." So, of course I obliged her and drew some flowers in Scott's hand. When I finished she said, "that is the most fabulous self-portrait of Daddy I have ever seen..especially the flowers." I kind of laughed and thought to myself, too bad I don't see that more often. No sooner than the words popped in my head, Maeci says "I hope my husband brings me flowers everyday." I started cracking up laughing!! Maeci followed that statement by saying "well, if he doesn't that's ok, he'll just sleep outside with his walking stick!!" I don't know what that was all about but I burst out laughing. She looked at me and smiled. She was sooo proud of herself for making me laugh. I have attached the pics so that you can see the portrait we painted. Camden was just having a good time in the stroller playing with his toys. He is such a good boy!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Scott's stock has fallen fast. Just a couple days ago he was putting all us husbands to shame by surprising you with an overnight vacation. Now he doesn't bring flowers enough! Poor Scott!!!

Ashley said...

That is hilarious! Maeci, sweet girl, I'm afraid you might have to lower that ONE little standard about getting flowers everyday or you might be an old maid! :)