Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Short Vacation

Sunday morning I woke up to Scott saying to me "get up, we have to have the kids at my mom's by 8:30 for Sunday school." I slowly sat up because I realized that Scott had taken on my normal role on Sunday's. You see those of you that know us, know that Scott is not a morning person, so it was very strange for him to be telling me to get up. I said "why are the kids going with your mom today?" He said because we are going somewhere. That statement nearly made me faint. I asked what do you mean...and he said "you and I are going somewhere by ourselves without the kids." He now had my full attention!! He said "start packing your stuff and then I will help you with the kids." He was serious! I immediately felt my heart start pounding at the thought of going somewhere, anywhere, without both of the kids. I was so excited that I started throwing stuff in suitcases and was done packing in like 10 minutes for all of us. I asked him where we were going and he told me he couldn't say, but that the kids were going to Austin to see his sister and her family with his mom. Then it hit me...we were going to be staying overnight without the kids. I haven't been away from Camden one night since he was born and he is 10 months old. It was a much needed break for the both of us. We finally got the kids dropped off and started on our trip. We drove down I-45 to Houston and all the way through the city. At this point, I was about to go crazy because I didn't know where we were going. It finally hit me that there wasn't too many places left and the we must be going to Galveston. After pulling into Galveston, Scott calmly says "we are here!!" When he said that I realized that he had pulled off getting childcare for the kids, booking our hotel, and getting some of the laundry washed without me knowing!! Kudos to you babe!! He actually had some work to do on Pelican Island and his boss suggested that he take me with him. So, we had a wonderful but short vacation that was funded by his boss!! It was so fun and very nice to be alone and have adult coversation with no interuptions!! Thanks sweetie for a well planned and well executed vacation!! It was much needed for the both of us!!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

That's AWESOME!!! Way to go Scott!

The Brown's said...

WOW!! I am so proud of Scott! What a great thing to do!! So, how long did you get to stay? I miss you, and thanks for the blog... I love reading your stories!

Love YA~!

Anonymous said...

Wow, please tell Scott thanks for putting the rest of us guys to shame. He just raised the bar...