Saturday, August 9, 2008

DG at work!!




Most of you that know me, know that I love parties. I am always looking for ways to do things and try to be creative. Most of the time, it never works. I always see cute little crafty things that people do and I think "man, that is so cute, why couldn't I do something like that?" Of course, I never try it. Well, after having both of my babies, I decided to start making some of their stuff, like scrapbooks, Maeci's hairbow's, etc. The scrapbook thing lasted about 2 weeks, when I realized that I had to buy all of the little things and keep them all separate. That was way too much work for just one page at a time. Maeci's hairbows lasted about 5 minutes when I burned myself with the hot glue gun and then my bow didn't even hold. I gave all of that up. A few days ago, I decided to open my craft book and maybe make another go of something. I found these cute little paint buckets that had been glued and papered to make this hodge podge of cute and craftiness. I decided I was going to try it. I purchased all of the things that I needed minus the few pages of paper, which my sis-in-law so nicely picked up for me at the craft store. (Thanks Jodi!) I got home and within 2 hours I was finished with the first one. It didn't turn out too bad if I say so myself!! I was quite impressed. I made another one the next day to take to a baby shower and lo and behold, if Scott didn't think that I bought them somewhere. He was VERY surprised when I told him that I had made them. I even had to get the scraps of paper and ribbon out so that he would believe me!! (Thanks for the vote of confidence babe!!) I took them to the baby shower and got so many compliments that I decided to add them to the blog! Here are the pictures of them! Also, I made the basket too. Actually, I added ribbon to the basket and made the bows. I hot glued the bows on, this time without burning myself. I really making all of the little crafts and when I was finished, I thought to myself, "If this is not Domestic Goddess-like, I don't know what is.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Those turned out really cute! I'm proud of you!!!! :)