Monday, August 11, 2008

Go for the Gold!!

I love it when the Olympics come around. When they are on, that is all I watch. I love to watch all of the sports but especially swimming and gymnastics. It just amazes me what these people do to their bodies and how much they have to give up at such a young age to be a part of the Olympics. Last night as I watched the women's gymnastics, I thought to myself, "these girls are like 15 years old." My biggest concern when I was 15 was checking out the boy next door and playing sports. These kids train everyday for several hours. I like their dedication and hard work. I am sure that they would love to know that their training, hard work, dedication, and sweat, was providing me numerous hours of entertainment. If you don't watch the Olympics, you should because you will not see a greater group of dedicated and passionate athletes. If you disagree, look at the pictures of the USA men's relay swimming team when the came from behind to beat the trash-talking France team. Not only did they surprise the world but the broke the past world record by 4 SECONDS!! They won the gold made the team from France eat their words. That is what the Olympics are all about!!

No comments: