Sunday, September 21, 2008

Bedtime Tonight!!

Tonight after Maeci was done brushing her teeth, I was putting her in the bed while Scott turned on her music. He kissed her goodnight and walked out of the room. I generally stay for a couple of minutes answering questions about the upcoming week like, "when can I read by myself", "are you going to pick me up from school or is Nana" and "even though I have brushed my teeth, can I still have a drink?" After answering all of her questions, I gave her a kiss and was headed out the door, when I heard her say "no mama, I want a real kiss." I walked back to her bed and gave her a kiss on her sweet little lips. I was walking out and turned around to shut the door, when I noticed Maeci rubbing my kiss. I must have looked at her funny or something because she said to me "Mommy, don't worry, I wasn't wiping your kiss off, I was rubbing it in." I just about started crying. I blew her another kiss and walked out the door. At that moment, I thanked God for my sweet little girl and for moments like those. If I hadn't turned around when she said she wanted a real kiss, I would have missed out on something so sweet, it almost made me cry!!

No comments: