Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve Disaster :(

I thought that I had Christmas all taken care of but there always has to be something that goes wrong. The kids got a Hummer ride on from Santa this year. We got all of the pieces out and charged up the battery overnight so that the kids could take it for a spin in the morning. After charging the battery, we turned it on only to find that the Hummer didn't work. The battery wouldn't hold a charge. We tried to find a replacement battery at 5 different Wal-Marts. We finally found one Wal-Mart that had them. My dad and Scott raced 35 minutes away to get it only to find that it wasn't the right one to fit the Hummer. We tried differents chargers and everything. So, tonight at 10pm, I finally resigned myself to the fact that the kids were getting a great Christmas present from Santa that they were going to have to wait to use. That makes me feel terrible but what else am I going to do. Besides, they got enough stuff to keep them busy for like the next couple of years!!

No comments: