Sunday, December 21, 2008

Sugar, Sugar, and more Sugar!!!

Today we were at Scott's parents house for our usual Sunday lunch and Sharon was baking some cookies. When she finished, she let all of the kids decorate some sugar cookies. Of course, they were loaded up with icing of all colors and sugar sprinkles. The kids had a great time and Maeci ate 3 of her cookies. When she finished, she snuck some of my hot chocolate and some more of another kind of cookie that Sharon had made. Once, I realized what she had consumed as far as sugar, I put my foot down and told her absolutely no more cookies. On the way home, this is the conversation that we had.....

Maeci-Mommy, can I have some Starbursts?
Me--No, baby, you have had plenty of sugar today.
Maeci-Mommy, I think that the sugar has gone down to my feet.
Me--Really???
Maeci-Yes, it needs to go all the way to my head!!!

I thought that was funny and pretty intelligent of her. She was trying so hard to get the Starburst!! Oh, she is a mess!~~

No comments: