Thursday, October 9, 2008

Football vs. Family??

Most of you know I am a BIG family person. I love being surrounded by my family and doing things with them. I really do enjoy my in-laws (honestly, I do) and the rest of Scott's family as well. We always have a great time together whatever we are doing but this weekend I have to choose football first. I have 3 reasons for doing so....

1. OU vs TX
2. I am a huge OU fan and most of Scott's family are TX fans
3. Scott and I battle this weekend in fantasy football

I already had plans to watch the game Saturday in my OU shirt with my kids yelling "Boomer Sooner" as loudly and obnoxiously as they could just to annoy Scott:) and then I realized that this weekend is the annual "Allen Reunion." Scott's grandmother was an Allen and its the only family reunion that we ever go to because it just a few miles away from our house. So, someone obviously did not share my affinity for the football game. Of course, the game starts at 11:00am and the reunion starts at 10:00am. I guess I will have to check the scores on my cellphone until I can get back home to watch the game. Oh, and thank goodness for Tivo!!

Now, as far as fantasy football is concerned, I am the reigning champion of our league. It is 12 teams and I won last year. This year, I am 4-1 and so is Scott. I have to beat him!! I need to beat him so I can continue my superiority and keep my bragging rights. Well, I will let you know how the weekend goes!! BOOMER SOONER!!!!

No comments: