Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Smart Cookie

Lately, Maeci has been asking me all kinds of random questions about things that I had no idea she knew. Yesterday, she asked me if the Earth was the only world. I cringed at trying to answer that one. I looked up some things about the planets and the universe and tried to explain to her the best that I could. She seemed like she understood and now of course, she wants to talk about planets, read about planets, and even use balls to demonstrate to Scott just how the planets really work in our universe (which is quite humerous even though she is exactly right!!) Then today we were talking about, what else but the planets, and she asked me if there was electricity on Jupiter. I told her I didn't think so but I wasn't sure. This was the conversation that ensued....

Maeci--Why doesn't Jupiter have electricity like we do??
Me--I am not sure, Jesus just didn't make it that way (typical good church answer when you don't know what else to say:)
Maeci--Does Jupiter have trains?
Me--No
Maeci--Well, if Jupiter had trains, then the trains could take to coal to the power plants and then they could make electricity, right.?
Mommy--Yes, I think that they could
Maeci--How do they make the electricity??
Mommy--Honestly, I don't know
Maeci--Do they glue it together and then put some different colors on it??
Mommy--(I just cracked up and told her she was sooo cute and sooo smart!)

Sometimes that girl is too smart for her own good. I know every parent wants their child to be smart and I am so glad that she is. She is a little genius and sometimes it makes me wonder if she isn't already smarter than...Scott!! :)

No comments: